The Eagle Claw system can be viewed as a soft hard style, soft in movement hard in application. It is light and springy, with swift footwork, pliable body and solid stances.
Eagle Claw applies 7 key principals in its use.
- Jow Da Cum Na (seizing and locking)
- Dim Yut Bye Hei (attacking pressure points and stopping the flow of breath)
- Cow Wai Sau Fung (locking)
- Diu Cow Fing Lau (controlling, pushing and pulling)
- Sim Jim Tong Na (twisting, jumping and dropping to the floor)
- Noi Sup Chung Dit (falling and techniques using the waist)
- Fun Gun Chor Gwat (splitting the tendons and shattering bones)
The following can also be used
- Jow Gun - Gripping Tendons
- La Yuet - Pressure Point
- Lau Chor - Twisting and dislocating joints